...is an idiot who simply cannot see that people want to take photographs & simply stands right in front of the object jakun tourists want to photograph, & lingers around it.
I have met more than my fair share of such people, and I still cannot figure out if these people are simply blind (cannot see us jakun tourists totting cameras - some with huge-ass DSLR cameras & tripods & lenses 3 miles long - and pointing them at the object which they are blissfully blocking), just plain boh-chap or so dense that they probably have bricks for brains.
Sometimes, nicely asking them to move out of the way gets rid of them. Other times, they turn around and tell you off, as if they own the damn thing you want to photograph (99.9% of the time, they don't). And occasionally, you will get the lcly idiot who simply pretends he/ she/ it didn't hear or see you.
The worst I have encountered so far, are people who coolly walk right into the scene you are trying to photograph, stand there and take their own sweet time posing for their own photos. I wonder if I should get me a bigger camera... because when it happens to me, maybe these blind people can't see my tiny Ixus i7. It's even smaller than a Nokia mobile phone.
Perhaps that is why photographers carry lots of paraphernalia on photo shoots. I wouldn't mind using a tripod or some big unbreakable piece of camera equipment to whack some sense into stupid people who think they can simply waltz into my photos and proceed to spoil an otherwise-perfectly-good photo with their fugly mugs in it. Sometimes they have the grace to look sheepish and apologize profusely then move away ASAP; other times, you meet stupid oafs who glare at you instead because to their screwed-up brains, YOU spoiled THEIR otherwise-perfectly-good photo.
Got to get me a new tripod now. I broke mine, which belongs to dad (gulp!)... and not from whacking some dense idiot over the head with it :P
PS: Dong Zen pics will be up soon... still selecting good pics to post up. I took like 300 photos yesterday o_O.
I have met more than my fair share of such people, and I still cannot figure out if these people are simply blind (cannot see us jakun tourists totting cameras - some with huge-ass DSLR cameras & tripods & lenses 3 miles long - and pointing them at the object which they are blissfully blocking), just plain boh-chap or so dense that they probably have bricks for brains.
Sometimes, nicely asking them to move out of the way gets rid of them. Other times, they turn around and tell you off, as if they own the damn thing you want to photograph (99.9% of the time, they don't). And occasionally, you will get the lcly idiot who simply pretends he/ she/ it didn't hear or see you.
The worst I have encountered so far, are people who coolly walk right into the scene you are trying to photograph, stand there and take their own sweet time posing for their own photos. I wonder if I should get me a bigger camera... because when it happens to me, maybe these blind people can't see my tiny Ixus i7. It's even smaller than a Nokia mobile phone.
Perhaps that is why photographers carry lots of paraphernalia on photo shoots. I wouldn't mind using a tripod or some big unbreakable piece of camera equipment to whack some sense into stupid people who think they can simply waltz into my photos and proceed to spoil an otherwise-perfectly-good photo with their fugly mugs in it. Sometimes they have the grace to look sheepish and apologize profusely then move away ASAP; other times, you meet stupid oafs who glare at you instead because to their screwed-up brains, YOU spoiled THEIR otherwise-perfectly-good photo.
Got to get me a new tripod now. I broke mine, which belongs to dad (gulp!)... and not from whacking some dense idiot over the head with it :P
PS: Dong Zen pics will be up soon... still selecting good pics to post up. I took like 300 photos yesterday o_O.
No comments:
Post a Comment